133 Magical Openings That Make Readers Beg For More
2. Here’s you chance to…
3. In looking over our records I noticed that you…
4. Will do me a favor?
5. Will you try this experiment?
6. Here’s an amazing opportunity!
7. I’m writing to..
9. Could you use an extra $500 a week?
10. How would you like to earn $1,000 a day – every day?
11. Frankly, I’m puzzled…
12. I couldn’t wait to write to you…
13. Please take a minute from your busy schedule and read this letter…I promise you will not regret it.
14. I’m writing you this note for a personal reason. I’ve rarely written notes like this in the past, but I feel that it is essential to bring this to your attention.
15. Good news!
16. Imagine, for a moment, that it’s 6 months from today…
17. I’d like to tell you about…
18. Would you do us a favor? You have been specially selected to participate in an important survey.
19. Are you insane?
20. Are you paying too much for ?
21. Let’s face it,…
22. Yes, its’ true…
23. I’m really steamed up! And I’m not going to take it anymore!
24. This is a letter that is not like any you have ever received or I have ever written.
25. Please excuse my audacity, but I’m willing to bet $xxxx your business can be a lot more profitable than it is now.
26. You may have noticed that this invitation looks different from most of the others you find in your mailbox. There’s no hype, no come-on, no bells and whistles. It’s our way of drawing attention to what’s really important. A simply unbeatable offer: (BMG Music Service)
27. Can you be ethically “bribed” to become a member of my _________?
28. Why did you request this information be sent to you? …Or did a friend request this information be sent to you? This is the second and final time we can contact you. Following this mailing, your name will be removed from our mailing list. (Neo-Tech Publishing)
29. Have you ever wondered why some people seem to have a “knack” for handling money?
30. It will mean a lot to me if you close your office door to avoid interruptions for the next 10 minutes or so, to give me the opportunity to transfer my simple, proven, workable ideas that will directly translate into money, success, power, distinct business advantages and happiness with relative ease. And very little (if any) risk.
31. This may be the luckiest day of your life! You are one of only a few selected people to receive this personal memo.
32. About four weeks ago you contacted us about incorporating. We sent you our free brochure, but we’ve yet to hear back from you.
33. If you’ve ever thought about writing your own book or newsletter, or wondered what it would be like to run your own publishing company, you’ll be interested in this letter.
34. If you’re interested in creating a huge (and immediate) cash flow for yourself or your business, this is going to be the most exciting message you will ever read.
35. Never before has the attainment of smooth, clear, beautiful complexion been as simple, as inexpensive as now.
36. People of culture can be recognized at once.
37. The fact is that no matter who you are, whether you are young or old, weak or strong, rich or poor, I can prove to you readily by demonstration that you are leading an inferior life, and I want the opportunity to show you the way in which you may completely and easily, without inconvenience or loss of time, come in possession of new life, vigor, energy, development and a higher realization of life and success.
38. When a man steps from a $200 a month job as a farmhand to a position that pays him $4,000 the very first month – is it luck?
39. Hats off to .
40. It was a mistake. Somebody goofed and put the wrong tweeter in 3500 of ’s best 15” 3-way speaker systems.
41. was in trouble. Our were selling like crazy. Orders were coming from everywhere. We were able to get 24,000 players, but it wasn’t enough. We stopped advertising but the orders still kept coming.
42. Stick it to us. Rip us off. Here’s the promotion that’s been vetoed by our vice president, our accountant and my wife. It’s a promotion that’s such a good deal for you, (it really is) that it’s virtually guaranteed to lose us money. (DAK)
43. If you are worried about the future…about increasing inflation…and the factors that make for such a nervous economy, I have some ideas you should seriously consider.
44. Men who know it all need go no further into this letter than this paragraph, because it is not for them. Neither is it for those who are satisfied with their present positions, and the progress they have made in life.
45. If you work for yourself, and are working harder than you wish…this new breakthrough will interest you.
46. I’m excited about something very important, and I wanted to share it with you immediately. So, I sat down and wrote this long, but time-critical, letter. Please take a few minutes and read it now.
47. After nearly 12 months of long hours, late nights and weekends at the office, my editors and I have collected over <#> of our biggest and best money secrets for — and bound them into one huge volume. (Bottom Line)
48. If you have _________, this could be the most eye-opening letter you will ever read.
49. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is . Chances are you haven’t heard of me before. But when you finish reading this, you’ll be glad you finally did.
50. I know you’re busy. I know you have too much to read. Yet, that’s exactly why I want to…
51. My name is Denis Waitley and I beg you, don’t wait another minute for success in your career (or in your life for that matter!). (Denis Waitley Lead & Succeed)
52. I recently made a whopping <$$$$$> by following some simple, yet powerful, concepts I’m about to share with you. (Nightingale Conant)
53. I am writing to urge you to take immediate and profitable advantage of the most unusual (and fleeting) money-making business opportunity I’ve ever extended. The opportunity just became available and already – it’s nearly 30% sold out! (Nightingale Conant)
54. As I promised. I am giving you a dollar ($1.00)…and with you permission, I’ll also send you the FREE GIFT I promised. (More about that later.) For now, all I ask is that you read this letter. (Bottom Line)
55. If I could give you a more effective marketing strategy that would “outperform” the selling approach you are currently using, would you be interested?
56. Women who “know it all” are not invited to read this page, for it holds nothing of interest to the wise young women who is perfectly satisfied with her complexion and her beauty aids, and who feels like the man that resigned from the Patent Office back in 1886 “because everything had been discovered that was ever going to be discovered.” (Robert Collier)
57. Will you accept a – in return for a little favor I want you to do?
58. I’m writing to you because I’ve heard rumblings about your company.
59. Before anything else, I want to start by giving you something that’ll make you money tomorrow!
60. The enclosed certificate is worth real money, so we have limited it to your own personal use. It is not transferable and it is good for only ten days after you receive this letter. If you can’t use it, we should appreciate your kindness in destroying it. For it gives to a selected list of people the opportunity to get the most talked about, the most successful and the greatest book of this generation at a reduction of 66% from the original price! (Robert Collier)
61. With your permission (and with strict precautions for privacy), I am going to send you one of the most important and exciting books ever released by an American publisher. (Men’s Health)
62. Will you examine – If we send you a set at our own expense for a week’s examination?
63. Who would ever dream that exquisite - perfume so lovely that its heady fragrance will amaze you, yet so marvelously delicate and all-pervasive that it seems like a breath from the flower gardens of sunny France – who would ever believe that such a perfume could be had for a or less an ounce! (Robert Collier)
64. If you are thinking of buying a _____ – Don’t!
65. Here is one of those “specials” that we let our customers and friends in on every once in a while.
66. Only once in 50 years comes an improvement like this:
67. In every man’s wardrobe is some particular article – a tie, a shirt, or a suit – that he likes best to wear, because he looks his best and feels his best in it. That’s the way you’ll feel about these - once you’ve worn one of them. (Robert Collier)
68. I am going to send you, in the next few days, that are DIFFERENT, for your most particular customers.
69. With your permission, I am going to send you FREE a New, , with your name stamped upon it in 24-carat solid gold leaf.
70. That new fur coat you have longed for, but economically decided not to buy – That fur neckpiece that you resisted, because to get it then would have seemed extravagant – Is now, you will be happy to learn, turned into a matter of plain commonsense economy…(Robert Collier)
71. Here is a wonderful new way to bring the right into your own home.
72. Within the next few days, I want to send you, with my compliments, a __________.
73. If the enclosed pays for one minute of your time, consider yourself engaged.
74. Would you be good enough to do me a favor? I promise not to ask too much.
75. I need your help.
76. Here’s a dollar: — Yes, it’s a real dollar – nice and clean and new. Keep if you want to, after you’ve read this letter, but I don’t believe you will, then. Here’s what it’s all about: (Robert Collier)
77. At your request, I shall be glad to send you one of the most talked-of little books ever written. It will cost you exactly 20 cents – the price of the stamp that will bring the enclosed card back to me.
78. Would you like to see $1.00 grow to $60.00 — $8.00 grow to $500.00 – by next March? Let me tell you how:
79. Will you give me a little information about yourself – just your height and weight?
80. Let me make a prediction…
81. I’ve got to get this off my chest before I explode!
82. As you can see, I have attached a to the top of this letter for two reasons: I have something very important to tell you and I needed some way to catch your attention. Since what I am writing about concerns money, I thought a little “financial eye catcher” was especially appropriate.
83. I have a tax problem and I want you to be the beneficiary instead of the IRS…
84. I used to work hard. The 18-hour days. The 7-day weeks. But I didn’t start making big money until I did less – a lot less. (Joe Karbo)
85. My name is . I’m a . I’m not a professional ad writer. But what I have to share with you is so extraordinary and so powerful, I decided to write you myself. So bear with me a little.
86. Frankly, membership in The is not for everyone.
87. This private invitation is going out to just a handful of people, yourself included. I hope you’ll accept my invitation. But even if you decide not to, I want to send you a gift…Absolutely Free. (Omaha Steaks)
88. Would you be pleased if you made 50% on your portfolio every 12 months?
89. The publisher of asked me to make a very special subscription offer to a small, select group of advertising and marketing professionals. Your name was submitted as one who qualifies.
90. You’ll get the greatest bargain you’ll ever find anywhere – for yourself and your dog – by mailing the enclosed card within 10 days. (Dog Fancy)
91. You are among a very small group of invited to use the Gift Certificate we’ve enclosed.
92. The enclosed Gift Certificate – and this special offer – is being mailed to a very select group of people. And it may be withdrawn at any time. So do take advantage – and use it now.
93. Every Monday morning, a rather unusual publication arrives at the desks of a select circle of individuals in positions of power and influence.
94. This letter is going to be short and to the point. We don’t want to make big thing of it. Not yet anyway.
95. You’ve got enough people trying to waste your time with things you don’t really want or need. I’m not one of those people.
96. This may be the most startling ______ news you have ever read.
97. I looked at her like she was crazy.
98. If money was no object, would you own ?
99. Finding time to meet new, interesting single people and develop special relationships gets more difficult every year.
100. If you want to write and get published, I can’t think of a better way to do it than writing books and stories for children and teenagers. (Institute of Children’s Literature)
101. With the amount of professional reading you’ve got to do, it probably seems impossible to keep up with today’s business books. (Executive Book Summaries)
102. Can one-third of all ___________ in America be wrong?
103. There are only two basic requirements for every self-made millionaire. I believe you may already have one of them. (Hume & Associates)
104. I have a picture of you in my mind’s eye.
105. It’s easy to become a good ______. Surprisingly easy.
106. You don’t have to be a sitting duck for ______, Jim.
107. First, three brief questions, if we may:
108. It’s hard to find high quality, timely that are in your budget.
109. How much is one more sale worth to you? (Selling Power)
110. If you’re talking desire and commitment, we’re talking big money and big success. (Nightingale Conant)
111. The American Heritage Dictionary defines a “guerilla” as an operative who works “usually in small, independent groups capable of great speed and mobility.” Sounds like the definition of a salesperson to me. (Nightingale Conant)
112. Please accept this check and get three months of unlimited — a <$$$> gift to you! (AOL)
113. I have $xxxxx.xx in free bonuses reserved in your name. To discover how easy it is to get all of them for FREE, read the rest of this letter. Please do it now because this is a limited time offer, so you must act quickly to take advantage of this rare value and opportunity. (Carl Galletti)
114. I am writing to inform you about a…
115. I thought I would have heard back from you by now.
116. There are several million home-office entrepreneurs in this country. 400,000 of them share one key secret to success. When you finish reading this letter, I think you’ll want to become 400,001! (Home Office Computing)
117. has accurately predicted – and avoided – every bear market crash of the last 20 years, with zero false alarms. And now her system is flashing an urgent new, all-out SELL signal. Of course, when talks, Wall Street listens, so you may have already heard about her stunning new SELL signal in the general media. But in this letter, I’d like to alert you to what the news media is not reporting…(Phillips Publishing)
118. Ssshhh…These, Dear Friend, are the secrets to having it all! (FC&A)
119. Our records show that you’re one of our best customers, and that’s why I’m writing. Frankly, I need your help. (Bottom Line)
120. The world has changed. And it’s going to change even more. But most poor saps don’t see it coming…(TAIPAN)
121. No doubt about it: When you chose to buy a __________ you made a smart decision.
122. My name is , and in all my # years of studying the investment markets, I’ve never known a time so full of opportunity…yet so fraught with danger.
123. If you own a single Dow stock, even just one big-name mutual fund or any investment tied to the “market index,” I have an important – even urgent – message for you today.
124. If you are concerned about ______, this letter is for you.
125. On an autumn day, not too long ago, sociologist Robert Harner visited the Great Serpent Mound of Ohio. (Time Life Books)
126. Five years ago, on a brilliantly sunny day in October, I left Los Angeles and a 28-year marriage to the television producer, Norman Lear. (LEAR’S magazine)
127. Just a few weeks ago I returned from speaking at a one-of-a-kind information marketing conference in Las Vegas. Maybe you heard about this “Super Conference” and jut decided not to go…or maybe you were there and perhaps I was lucky enough to meet you! Anyway, if you didn’t get to attend, let me tell you…(Ted Nicholas)
128. On a beautiful late spring afternoon, twenty-five years ago, tow young men graduated from the same college. They were very much alike, these two young me. Both had been better than average students, both were personable and both – as young college graduates are – were filled with ambitious dreams for the future. (Wall Street Journal)
129. I’d like to share with you a Holiday gift idea which has long been a tradition here in Holland. (Breck’s)
130. When a terrorist bomb exploded not long ago in front of the U.S. embassy in Nairobi, Kenya, Israel’s humanitarian service organization – the Magen David Adom – volunteered immediately to help. (The American Jewish Committee)
131. I got the message around 7 pm, and I got going at once! I knew I had to drive all night in an ancient Jeep through a steaming jungle that would scare a tenderfoot like me out of three years’ growth, even in the daytime. I also knew that if I could get to where I was going in time it was worth a few prickles up and down my spine during the tight spots. (Thompson Cigars)
132. Just two days ago, I was chatting with a friend on St. James Street about investments, and he astonished me by saying: “Do you know, Brian, I have a couple of thousand dollars spare cash myself at the moment, and even with all I know about the market – I’m not really sure where to put it!” (Financial Times of Canada)
133. I want to tell you about my friend, Clara, who suffered for years with many health problems. (FC&A Publishing)
Creating Sales Letter
Salutations and Letter Closings
20 Salutations That Work
13 Profitable Ways to Close Your Letter
133 Magical Openings That Make Readers Beg For More
333 Greatest Selling Words and Phrases
Copy Transitions and Connectors
226 Bucket Brigade Copy Transitions and Connectors
55 Powerful Bullets That Work
22 Powerful Ways to State Your Guarantee
The Close of A Business Letter
31 Closings That Make Prospects Whip Out Their Wallets
The Post Script in A Business Letter
32 Compelling Post Scripts That Make Prospects Buy
Typical Good Letter
Actual Sales Letter - 1
Actual Sales Letter - 2
Sales Letter Templates
How to Write Million Dollar Ads?
How to Write Million Dollar Sales Letters?
How to Write Million Dollar Web Marketing Pieces?
Letter for 12 Month No-Risk Trial
How to Master The Art and Science of Writing Ads That Work?
How to Master The Art and Science of Writing Sales Letters That Work?
No-Risk 100 Percent Money-Back Free Trial Form
133 Magical Openings That Make Readers Beg For More
to HOME PAGE