Business Circulars :
Circular Letters :
A circular leter is also a kind of letter that is issued for a number of people. It is a kind of notice that is sent as a letter aimed to a large number of people.
Official Circulars :
Instruction / guidelines issued by head of the department to a large number of employees are usually circulated through official circulars. Official circulars are issued generally from head office to its branches.
Official circulars are usually issued as following.
1. from head office to its branches
2. from ministry to states ministries or offices / departments working under the ministry
3. from chief election commission to all the state commissions
4. likewise other circulars
Business Circulars :
Business Circulars are issued by a business entity to its client, dealers, sub-dealers, branchs.
Following types of information are usually sent through business circulars.
(a) information about change of address of registered office to its share holders
(b) Information about special discount on deepawali festival to dealers and sub-dealers
(c) Information about removal from service of an employee to all its offices, dealers and sub-dealers
(d) Information about a policy of incentive for achieving sales targets to dealers and sub-dealers
(e) Any other such information relating to business
Miscellaneous Circulars :
Circulars issued by a society / organization to its members are called miscellaneous circulars.
Personal Circulars :
Circulars issued by a person regarding change of his / her telephone numbers or residential address.
Structure Of A Circular :
1. Address of the issuing agency usually in all kinds of circulars, the address, phone no. Etc. Of the issuing office / agency / department is printed at the top.
2. Reference is usually written at the left side. It is different for each circular.
3. Date is written at the right side.
4. Subject on which the circular is being issued is written as in simple letters.
5. After subject, FOR is written that indicates FOR WHOM the circular is being issued.
If the circular is issued by the head office of a bank, for all the zonal/regional offices, than it must be invariably mentioned as follows.
For : all zona l/ regional offices
If the circular is meant for all its branches, then it should mentioned as following.
For : all branches.
6. No salutation like Dear Sir & Dear Sirs is used in circulars. When the circular is meant to the authorities, the use of salutation can be done. In business circulars, usually salutation like… Dear Dealers, Dear Customers and Dear Valued Customers are used.
7. The body of the issuing authority… The language used should be straight, unambiguous, formal and simple that conveys the instructions / guidelines in clear terms.
8. At the last circular issuing authority puts his signature. The designation of the circular issuing authority is also written below the signature. The use of subscription yours faithfully or yours sincerely is avoided in circulars.
to HOME PAGE