This is the most familiar type of resume format which presents the qualities in an effective manner. In such type of resumes the education and experience are listed in reverse chronological order starting with your most recent experience and working backwards. The various employers, dates and responsibilities are also listed in this type of format. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of this format of resume. You have to choose this format if this gives you more competitive edge. Otherwise, it is better for you to leave this and prefer other format which is the most suitable one for you.
The format is considered advantageous…
- If you are planning to stay in the same field / work area.
- If your past job history shows growth and development.
- If the names of your last employers are highly prestigious.
- When your past titles are impressive and having achieved some significant results.
The format is considered disadvantageous…
- If you are visualizing to change career or work focus.
- If you have changed jobs quite frequently.
- If there are long gaps in your work history either due to unemployment, redundancy, self-employment, ill health or after a long gap you are entering the job again.
- If your job career has undergone a number of phenomenal turns and you have not many achievements to mention.
For candidates with good experience and a logical job history, the Chronological Resume is the most effective resume format. The candidates who have frequently changed their job and those who lack any formal experience find using this format a difficult task. Employers usually prefer this format (chronological) because the format lists prior positions beginning with the most recent and they find this format easy to skim. In case you have an impressive track record, you can choose this. Otherwise, leave this.From
Chronological Resume to HOME PAGE