Exercise on Agreement between Verb and Subject :
Choose the correct verb forms.
1. The police (has, have) arrested the thief.
2. Physics (is, are) his main subject.
3. Your spectacles (is, are) the table.
4. There (is, are) some people outside.
5. Neither Kapil not his wife (was, were) at home.
6. My trousers (is, are) getting too small round the waist.
7. Thirty rupees (is, are) not much for the trouble we have taken.
8. Some of them are standing. See that all the audience (is, are) seated.
9. My scissors (is, are) lost.
10. There (seem, seems) to be many differences between the two parties.
11. The prime minister, with the minister for external affairs and the mistier for finance, (has left, have left) for America.
12. The woodlanders (is, are) an interesting novel.
13. Here (is, are) the news.
14. More than one minister (is, are) going to resign.
15. There (is, are) plenty of pins in the drawer.
16. Neither the manger nor the workers (was, were) present.
Answer to This Exercise
Business English Index
Business English Exercises Index
Exercise on Agreement between Verb and Subject
to HOME PAGE