Exercise on Finites and Non-Finites :
Pick out the finites and non-finites in the following sentences and classify the non-finites.
1. I stopped there to get some petrol.
stopped : finite verb
2. She is coming here to see you.
coming : finite verb
3. Don’t wake the sleeping child.
sleeping : non-finite verb
4. He always forgets to pay.
forgets : finite verb
5. They played a losing game.
losing : non-finite verb
6. I saw him open the box.
saw : finite verb
7. We went to see the exhibition.
went : finite verb
8. I enjoy watching the TV.
watching : non-finite verb
9. If there are no taxies we will have to walk.
walk : finite verb
10. The match is cancelled because it is going to rain.
going : finite verb
11. He jumped from the moving train.
moving : non-finite verb
12. I was tired of waiting.
waiting : non-finite verb
13. When the national anthem begins, you must stand up.
begins : finite verb
14. I hope you will return the book.
return : finite verb
15. She will come if you invite her.
come : finite verb
16. I was made to do all the work.
made : finite verb
Business English Index
Business English Exercises Index
Exercise on Finites and Non-Finites
to HOME PAGE