Exercise on Finites and Non-Finites :
Pick out the finites and non-finites in the following sentences and classify the non-finites.
1. I stopped there to get some petrol.
2. She is coming here to see you.
3. Don’t wake the sleeping child.
4. He always forgets to pay.
5. They played a losing game.
6. I saw him open the box.
7. We went to see the exhibition.
8. I enjoy watching the TV.
9. If there are no taxies we will have to walk.
10. The match is cancelled because it is going to rain.
11. He jumped from the moving train.
12. I was tired of waiting.
13. When the national anthem begins, you must stand up.
14. I hope you will return the book.
15. She will come if you invite her.
16. I was made to do all the work.
Answer to This Exercise
Business English Index
Business English Exercises Index
Exercise on Finites and Non-Finites
to HOME PAGE