Exercise on Formation of Questions :
Form questions to which the words in bold would be the answers. The queston word is suggested where you may have difficulty.
1. He is going to the station.
2. He is feling better. (how)
3. Dick has eaten the biscuits.
4. You met my uncle last night.
5. You saw him at the theatre.
6. You wil buy this watch. (which watch)
7. He was absent because he was ill. (Why)
8. You found this pen under the desk.
9. You have three brothers. (How many brothers)
10. This is Mr BROWN’car. (whose car)
11. She is fifteen year old. (how old)
12. He will be back by eight o’clock.
13. You paid two reupees for the oranges (how much)
14. Mahatma Gandhi died in 1948.
15. You are going to the office.
16. You like this place very well. (How)
17. It is about five kilmetres from here. (How far)
18. Dr Ramesh lives in that house.
19. He is reading Gulliver’s travels.
20. You go to the cinema once a month. (How often)
21. You bought the suitcase in Hyderabad.
22. She will be married next month.
23. Rahim has taken my pen.
24. You were speaking to Peter at the gate.
25. She writes to her father every week.
Answer to This Exercise
Business English Index
Business English Exercises Index
Exercise on Formation of Questions
to HOME PAGE