Exercise on Kinds of Clauses :
Separate the clause in each of the following sentences and say which of them are main clauses and which are subordinate clauses.
1. Though he was ill, he attended classes.
2. He got up and walked away.
3. The child cried when the doctor appeared.
4. Keep silent or you will be punished.
5. It was too dark to go on, so we camped there.
6. He went on talking although I had asked him to stop.
7. I won’t go unless you give me an answer.
8. He told me that he would come again at 3 o’clock.
9. He is over eighthly, but he is still very active.
10. We knew that nothing would be done till he arrived.
Business English Index
Business English Exercises Index
Exercise on Kinds of Clauses
to HOME PAGE