Exercise on Modal Verbs :
Rewrite the following sentences using can, could, may or might.
1. He is able to run very fast.
2. He was able to run very fast when he was young.
3. You are permitted to go out to play.
4. It is possible that the key is in the drawer.
5. I don’t think I will be able to meet him to day.
6. I thought he would probably arrive this morning.
7. It is not possible that this is true.
8. Will you allow me to ride your bicycle?
9. I wans’t able to finsh the work yesterday.
10. Perhaps he is at the theatre now.
11. Possibly she has got home by now.
12. Where is it possible that he has put my spectacles?
13. It is possible that I wll come round this afternoon (But it is not very likely. I am very busy.)
Business English Index
Business English Exercises Index
Exercise on Modal Verbs
to HOME PAGE