Exercise on TRANSITIVE and INTRANSITIVE VERBS :
Pick out the TRANSITIVE and INTRANSITIVE VERBS in the following sentences.
1. I met him in Calcutta.
2. The last train leaves at 11.00 p.m.
3. You drive too fast.
4. The manager signed the letter.
5. They escaped from the burning house.
6. I lay down after lunch.
7. The children stole apples.
8. Grass grows after rain.
9. He grows vegerabels.
10. He tore the cloth.
11. The cloth tears easily.
12. The flowers look fresh.
13. He leaves home at 9.00 every day.
14. The book is selling well.
15. I sent the suit to the laundry.
Answer to This Exercise
Business English Index
Business English Exercises Index
Exercise on TRANSITIVE and INTRANSITIVE VERBS
to HOME PAGE