How to Prepare Bio-Data? :
Bio-data is an important part of an application for a job. Preparing bio-data calls for skill and careful handing as is the case with writing an application.
Let us know How to Prepare Bio-Data? Bio-data is very important because it shows our education, experience, age and special qualities owned by us. If we go by what placement consultants have to say, a good resume means half the battle won. In fact, professional recruitment, advisors or placement consultants insist that bio-data be changed according to the specific job advertisements.
We should remember the following points to prepare a bio-data.
1. Prepare your resume in brief and not a biography. Though it should contain all the necessary points, restrict the length of the resume to not more than two pages.
2. Resume’s language should be simple, short and not ornamental.
3. Bio-data should be neat and clean. It should preferably be typed neatly on one side of the paper.
4. Avoid giving nationality unless you are applying for a job overseas.
5. If you are applying foreign countries, mention your proficiency in foreign languages.
6. The bio-data usually contains your personal information, educational background, employment history and working experience.
7. You should mention your domicile. It means the state in which you are living or belong to.
8. It is necessary to mention only one address - either postal or permanent.
9. If possible, you can paste your recent passport size photograph in the right-hand corner at the top of your bio-data.
10. Don’t give any wrong information in your bio-data.
11. While writing your educational qualifications, there is no need to mention the exact percentage in your exams. A mention of the division or the class you have obtained would be enough.
12. When you are fresh and seek a job at the initial stages, you should highlight your personal skills, attributes and accomplishments especially in extra-curricular activities.
13. Keep a copy of the bio-data with you so that you know what you have written in it.
14. You can mention your professional experience in two ways, either start with the first company you worked for and come to your present job. Or you may start with your current experience and move backwards.
15. You can mention your hobbies also in your resume.
How to Prepare Bio-Data?
to HOME PAGE