The Issuing Companys Name
REF NO :
Sub : compassionate appointment – maintenance of other dependent family members of the deceased government servant by the appointee.
The undersigned is directed to say that according to paragraph 13 of the department of personnel and training office memorandum no 14014/6/94-estt(D) dated October 9, 1998 on the above subject a person appointed on compassionate grounds under the scheme should give an undertaking in writing that he/she will maintain properly the other family members who were dependent on the government servant/members of the armed forces in question and in case it is proved subsequently (at any time) that the family members are being neglected or are not needing maintained properly by him/her, his/her appointment may be terminated forthwith.
1. the question of its legal enforceability has been examined in consultation with the ministry of law (department of legal affairs) and it has been decided that it should be incorporated as one of the additional conditions in the offer of appointment applicable only in the case of appointment on compassionate grounds.
2. the relevant instructions contained in the aforesaid officer memorandum dated October, 9, 1998 stand modified to the extent mentioned above.
3. the above decision may be brought to the notice of al concerned for information, guidance and necessary action.
(K K JHA)
All ministries/ departments of the government of India copy to
1. the comptroller and auditors general of India
2. the secretary, union public service commission
3. rajya sabha secretariat
4. lok sabha secretariat
5. all state governments/union territory administrations
6. all attached/subordinate offices under the department o personnel and training/ministry of home affairs
7. national commission for Cs/STs, new Delhi
8. national commission for OBCs, new Delhi
9. the secretary, staff side, national council
10. the registrar general, the supreme court of India
11. the department of administrative reforms and public grievances, sadder Patel behave, new Delhi – 110001
12. all officers/sections of DOP&T
13. establishment (D) section
note: different companies have their own way of writing the memorandum, as memorandum is meant to that company only. It is something a personal way of official dialogue among the company officials
to HOME PAGE