Official Circulars : 2
Issung Company’s Name and Address
REF : HRDD CIR NO. 226
HRD DIVISION CIRCULAR NO. 226
Reg : reintroduction of PNB hospitalization contributory benefit scheme for retired officers. This is one of the official circulars.
1. board in its meeting held on 19.5.1981 had approved the PNB hospitalization contributory benefit schemer for serving officers effective from 1.7.1980. the benefits under this scheme were extended to the retied officers at par with the serving officers we 1.1.1987 by the board in its meeting held on 18.9.1986.
under the scheme, a cover of rs 20000/- was available with a contribution of Rs 300/-pa
2. from 1.1.200 spate scheme for retired officers titled as PNB retired officers contributory medical benefit scheme was introduced and circulated vide PDC no 1696 dated 7.12.1999. the said scheme was withdrawn by the board in its meeting dated 23.3.2003 and one time contribution of members was refunded to the members.
3. subsequently, representations have been received from retired officers through their association s well as on individual level for restoration of benefits. The issue was also raised by general secretary, AIPNBOA in the MRM meeting for revival of the said scheme.
4. board in its meeting held on 29.10.2004 has approved the reintroduction of PNB hospitalization contributory benefit scheme for retired officers which was in operation from 1.1.1987to 31.12.1999. the salient features of the scheme are placed in annexure A.
5. all eligible retire dandy retiring officers who are wiling to opt for the aforesaid proposed scheme may give their consent on the Performa available at annex cure II to chief –HRD, head, office, bhikhaji cama place, new Delhi on or before 31st January 2005 along with the premium mentioned in the scheme by way of demand draft of Rs 300/- in flavor of PNB hospitalization contributory benefit scheme for retired officers payable at Delhi.
6. bank has also introduced PNB med claim insurance sham for retired employees to be operated through the new India assurance company. If the retired officers become member of both the schemes if eligible, the bank reserves the right to settle the claims received from retired officers first from med claim insurance scheme (if the scheme runs with minimum membership of 3000) and thereafter from the PNB hospitalization contributory benefit schema for retired officers as per rules.
All the offices/ branches are advised to get this circular noted from the retired officers who have retired from their offices or are drawings their pensions from the branches. A copy of this circular should also be displayed on the notice board.
Assistant General Manager
to HOME PAGE