Sponsorship Agreement : Please fill out the following form. Please print your completed form if you would like to have a copy for your records.
The following will serve as the agreement between ______(Sponsor)_____ (hereinafter referred toas the "Sponsor") and _______(Artist's Management/Promoter)______(hereinafter referred to asthe "Manager") for the services of _____(Artist/Event)_____ (hereinafter referred to as the"Artist/Event") in connection with the Sponsor's products and services (all collectively hereinafterreferred to as the "Products").
1. Sponsor shall be the exclusive sponsor of the Artist/Event tentatively scheduled for ____(Eventdate or Tour dates)_____. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, no other party (e.g. a localradio station or product manufacturer) may be listed or mentioned as a sponsor or presenter of theEvent/Artist.
2. As full compensation for the rights and services granted herein, Sponsor shall pay Manager thesum of XXXXX ($xxxxxx.xx) DOLLARS, payable in three (3) equal installments on the followingdates:
June 1, 199_ - $XXXXX.XX
September 1, 19__ - $XXXXX.XX
December 1, 19__ - $XXXXX.XX
3. In connection with said Artist/Event, Sponsor shall receive XXXXXXXX (XX) tickets at no costfor each performance. Such tickets shall be for favorable seats in the highest price range andlocations. In addition, Sponsor shall have the right to purchase, at the ticket's face value price, up toten percent (10%) of concert tickets at each venue, said tickets to be for favorable seats in thehighest price range and to be made available at the earliest date(s) possible.
4. (a) An official logo and identification phraseology or catch phrase shall be developed for theArtist/Event by manager which shall be subject to the approval of the Sponsor and which shall referto Sponsor (in first position), Artist/Event (e.g. Sponsor presents Artist/Event). Such logo and/oridentification phraseology, where applicable, shall be prominently included in all promotional andadvertising references which relate to the Artist/Event and disseminated throughout any media (e.g.print, radio, television and point of sale) by promoter or company announcing the Artist/Event.Nothing herein contained shall constitute an obligation on Sponsor's part to advertise or promote theArtist/Event, it being understood by the parties hereto that the Sponsor may do so at its option ormay refrain therefrom.
(b) Any uses of the official logo and/or identification phraseology or catch phrase, other thanspecifically provided for in this Agreement, shall require the prior written permission of both Sponsorand Manager.
5. (a) Sponsor's sponsorship of the Artist/Attraction shall be prominently featured and/or displayed inconnection with the Artist/Event and all aspects thereof, including but not limited to, references ontickets, passes, handbills,inflatables (where applicable), indoor and outdoor venue signage (whereapplicable), venue marquee, stationary (if any), press releases, the stage and curtain (whereapplicable) and a sponsor reference on the front cover of any Official Programs. The form of suchsponsorship references shall be subject to the mutual approval of the Sponsor and Manager.Sponsor shall be responsible for providing banners with its name and/or logo of Sponsor's productsand/or references to its sponsorship of the Artist/Event, providedd such banners contain referencesto the Sponsor/Products (which banners Manager shall cause to be prominently displayed in thevenue(s)), graphic layouts, vehicles signage (but only if Sponsor requests same) and any othermaterials deemed necessary or desirable by both Sponsor and Manager. A Sponsor's sponsorshipreference(s) shall appear on the backside of all T-shirts and on all other clothing items sold themanner and location of such sponsorship reference on such other clothing to be determined byManager and approved by Sponsor), which are offered for sale to the public; provided, however, ifManager feels it advisable, up to twenty-five percent (25%) of such other clothing items offered forsale to the public need not include such sponsorship references. Sponsors' sponsorship reference onT-shirts and other clothing shall be at least one inch in diameter and comparable to the size of anyreference to venue or promoter references, and Manager will use his/her best efforts to satisfySponsor's reasonable requirements with respect to such sponsorship references. All such Sponsor'ssponsorship references shall refer to the promoter or venue in a manner mutually agreeable toManager and Sponsor. The official logo and/or identification phraseology or catch phrase shall beincluded in the posters offered for sale by or under the auspices of the Manager or Artist/Event ortheir perpective agents or licensees.
(b) Sponsor's products will be the only such products provided in the backstage area and none of theproducts of Sponsor's competitors shall be publicly consumed by Artist or his/her employees at thevenue or otherwise during the term hereof.
6. Manager shall use his/her best efforts to provide Sponsor with exclusive venue signage and topermit Sponsor to sell and/or distribute its Products at all venues; subject, however, to each venue'srules, regulations, and prior contractual obligations.
7. Manager shall hold a press conference regarding the Artist/Event on or about _____(date)_____,and, unless Sponsor otherwise agrees, the only reference to Sponsor shall be Sponsor's sponsorshipof the Artist/Event.
8. Sponsor shall have the right to offer a single poster, T-shirts and other items as premiummerchandise to the public featuring the identification of one or more of the Sponsor's Products andArtist/Event's name and/or likeness; provided such items shall be subject to Manager's prior approvalas to quality, design, appropriateness and consumer value. Sponsor recognizes that Manager andArtist/Event shall be exploiting merchandising rights in connection with Artist/Event and that theSponsor's premium items shall in some manner differ in design from those offered in connection withthe Manager's exploitation of its merchandise rights so as to minimize direct competition betweenSponsor's and Manager's respective items being exploited. The poster and other items shall beoffered on a free or self-liquidating basis.
9. Sponsor shall use its best efforts to promote to the public Manager's premium merchandise duringthe term of this Agreement, provided such material is acceptable to the Sponsor with respect toquality, appropriateness, design and consumer value. Sponsor agrees to use its best efforts to assistManager to develop merchandise items that meet Sponsor's reasonable criteria as provided herein.Manager shall indemnify Sponsor for any liability in connection with its premium merchandise offer.Sponsor shall likewise indemnify Manager and Artist/Event for any liability from Sponsor's premiummerchandise offer, exclusive of product liability relating to the materials provided by Manager.
10. Artist/Event grants to the Sponsor the right to use the Artist/Event's name and likeness foradvertising and promotional materials during the term of this Agreement in connection with theSponsor's Products on the following terms and conditions:
(a) Manager or Manager's authorizedrepresentative shall be available and shall cooperate in pre-production consultation. Manager shallprovide Sponsor with five (5) consecutive full days of the services of Manager and/or Manager'srepresentative(s), tentatively scheduled for the first week in ____(month)____, to produce andrecord for such advertising and promotional materials. All such work days shall otherwise be atmutually agreeable times.
(b) From the results of the services rendered pursuant to subparagraph (a) above, the Sponsor mayproduce two (2) television commercials with two (2) local television tag formats, two (2) local radiotag formats, two (2) print ad designs, two (2) outdoor billboard ad designs and one (1) point of saledesign, all for use from January 1, 19__ through December 31, 19__ to promote Sponsor's productsseparately and/or in connection with the Artist/Event. Print ads, outdoor billboards and the point ofsale pieces can be appropriately modified as to size and other minor modifications, provided suchmodifications do not change the basic concept.
(c) The commercial materials produced hereunder may be used throughout the United States,Canada and Mexico during the term of this Agreement.
(d) Artist/Event shall not endorse nor render any promotion, publicly or advertising services for anyproduct or service retailer anywhere in the territories mentioned in paragraph 10 (c) above nor grantlicenses for the name and/or likeness in connection therewith.
11. The term of this Agreement shall commence with the execution hereof by Sponsor, Managerand/or Artist/Event and shall continue until __(date)__, 199_.
12. Sponsor shall be given the right of first negotiation and first refusal with respect to thesponsorship, if any, of any television specials or comparable television appearances whether on free,pay or cable television, prominently featuring Artist/Event, which is substantially filmed, taped and/orproduced during the term of this Agreement, provided that this right of first negotiation and refusalshall not apply to materials substantially produced, taped and/or filmed prior the effective date of thisAgreement.
13. All trademarks, photos, transparencies and similar production materials produced hereunder shallbe the exclusive property of the Manager and shall be returned promptly after the expiration of thisAgreement, provided that any underlying music and lyrics provided by Sponsor shall be owned bythe Sponsor. Further, following the expiration or termination of this Agreement, no further usewhatsoever may be made of official logo by Sponsor, Manager and/or Artist/Event, but the officiallogo may be used by Manager and Artist/Event without a reference to Sponsor or Sponsor'sProduct(s).
14. Manager and Artist/Event shall secure and maintain throughout the term of this Agreement allinsurance customarily secured for tours/events of the stature and size, subject to the mutual approvalas to the type of insurance and the amount of coverage, which policies may, at the Sponsor's option,name Sponsor as an additional named insured. If Sponsor is so named, Sponsor will bear theproportionate cost of any and all premiums paid on such insurance.
15. If Manager is prevented from fully performing the terms and conditions of this Agreement due toa Force Majeure as customarily defined in the entertainment industry, Manager and/or Sponsor maysuspend and/or terminate this Agreement in accordance with standard industry provisions for suchoccurrences, provided in no event shall Manager be obligated to return any sums advanced, loanedor paid hereunder. The parties hereto will attempt in good faith to negotiate a more detailed ForceMajuere clause as provided below.
16. The Sponsor, Manager, and Artist/Event agree that the terms and conditions of this Agreementare confidential and cannot be disclosed to any third party except as expressly provided herein.
17. Sponsor shall have no liability whatsoever with respect to any commissions due agents ofManager and/or Artist/Event in connection with the securing of this Agreement, all of whichobligations shall be contractor's sole liability, and Sponsor shall likewise be solely responsible for anycommissions due its agents.
18. Sponsor shall have the right to hold receptions and other social affairs and events in associationwith the Artist/Event for the purpose of entertaining clients, retailers, contest winners, etc.Artist/Event shall have the obligation to participate in these receptions.
19. Artist/Event, Manager and Sponsor warrant and represent they have the right and authority toenter into this Agreement and their performance hereunder shall not conflict with the rights grantedany other party. Manager and Artist/Event agree to be jointly and severally liable for the performanceof their obligations under this Agreement.
20. This Agreement is construed and guided in accordance with the laws of the State of ________and, in the event of any litigation between the parties hereto, __(state)__ laws shall govern and thelocation of any litigation or arbitration shall be under the jurisdiction of the State of ____________.
21. Should any portion of this Agreement be found to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not effectthe remainder of this Agreement.
22. This Agreement is intended to be fully binding on the parties hereunder provided this Agreementshall not become effective until formally approved by Artist/Event which approval must occur withinseven (7) business days from the date hereto and executed by all other parties listed. It iscontemplated that this Agreement between the parties containing additional terms and conditionscustomarily contained in agreements of this type (e.g rights to secure life insurance, indemnities,conduct clauses, protection of trademark, reasonable notice and cure provisions, where appropriate,etc.), all of which shall be negotiated in good faith. Provided, however, that until such more detailedagreement is executed, this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect after the approval of theArtist/Event.
In consideration of the terms and obligations of this Agreement, the parties hereto set their hands.
By Manager :
By Sponsor :
By Artist / Event :
Related Links :
to HOME PAGE