What is COMPLEX SENTENCE? :
What is a SIMPLE SENTENCE?
If a sentence has only one main clause with or without a phrase, it is called a SIMPLE SENTECE.
1. I went to my field. (without phrase)
2. He returned from the field after sunset. (with phrase)
3. God made the world.
4. I went to Madurai to purchase a book.
5. Krishan is a boy.
What is COMPOUND SENTENCE?
If a sentence has two or more main clauses with or without subordinate clauses, it is called COMPOUND SENTENCE.
1. He is sick and so he is on leave.
2. She worked hard and she built a house in her native.
3. Vimala took up her books and went to school.
4. Raja ran very fast and so he got the first prize.
5. Krishan saw his friend and ran to meet him.
What is COMPLEX SENTENCE?
to HOME PAGE