I. Tell me about a time when you came up with an innovative solution to a challenge your company or class was facing.
2. What was the challenge?
3. What roles did others play?
This is to test your resourcefulness.
Organisational Skills and Task Management :
I. Tell me about a time when you had to accomplish a task with someone who was particularly difficult to get along with.
This is to test how you can manage to complete a task in a difficult situation.
Ability to Influence without Authority :
1. Have there been instances when you had to get others over whom you had no authority to do something?
2. How did you get them to do the task?
This shows your ability to persuade influence and lead.
Acceptance of Authority :
I. Do you accept authority?
2. Will you follow instructions without question?
These can be tricky questions. Essentially, the answer you are looking for is whether you can listen to instructions from your superior even though you may not agree with it.
Your Interests :
1. Give some examples of activities and surroundings that motivate you.
These give an indication of the type of person that you are.
Ability to motivate and be motivated :
As a manager you will need to motivate and keep your employees enthusiastic. The interviewer may ask you to describe a situation where you used your skills.
1. Give us an example of your ability to be a self-starter.
2. How do you motivate yourself to complete unpleasant assignments?
3. What motivational techniques do you use with your work unit?
4. What motivates employees?
5. Name some ways a supervisor can demotivate staff.
6. What motivates you?
An Accomplishment you are most proud of :
A question such as this is to get an insight into the kind of person that you are. Your answer will give the interviewer an idea of the kind of things you hold important - an insight into your character.
I. Describe a situation in which you had to use reference materials to write a research paper.
2. What was the topic?
3. What journals did you read?
4. What are the periodicals that you read regularly?
This is more to understand the manner in which you approach a problem. Your attitude will determine your level of success.