Selecting Prospective Buyers :
You can collect addresses of the prospective buyers of the commodity from the following sources.
1. Enquiries from friends and relatives or other acquaintances residing
in foreign countries
2. Visiting / participating in International Trade Fairs and Exhibitions
in your country and abroad.
3. Contact with the Export Promotion Councils, Commodity Boards
and other Government Agencies
4. Consulting International Yellow Pages (A Publication from New
York by Dun & Bradstreet, USA or other Yellow Pages of
different Countries like Japan, Dubai etc.)
5. Collecting addresses from various Private Publications
6. Collecting information from International Trade Directories/
Journals Periodicals available in the libraries of Directorate General
of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics
7. Making contacts with Trade Representatives of Overseas
Governments and Other Representatives / International Trade Development Authorities abroad
8. Reading biweekly, fortnightly, monthly bulletins such as Trade Journal, Export Service Bulletin, Bulletins and Magazines issued and published by Federation of Exporters' Organisations, ITPO, EPCs, Commodity Boards and other allied agencies
9. Visiting Embassies, Consulates etc. of other countries and taking
note of addresses of importers for products proposed to be
10. Advertising in newspapers having overseas editions and other
foreign newspapers and magazines etc.
II. Consulting TPO and IIFT
12. Contacting authorised dealers in foreign exchange with whom
exporter is maintaining bank account.
13. Visiting popular Websites by making use of Internet Services
How to Export? Index
Selecting Prospective Buyers To HOME PAGE