Specimen Agency Agreement :
An agreement made this the. . . . . .. day of between (name and address) hereinafter called the exporters of the first part and.... (name and address) hereinafter called the importers of the second part, wherein the exporters grant to the importers the importation and selling right in the territory ............ (fill name of country) for (names and brief description of product) subject to the terms and conditions given below.
(I) The exporter agrees that during the term of the agreement he will not correspond or in any way deal with any part in the territory specified unlessrequested to do so by the importers.
(2) The exporter agrees that any orders or enquiries relating to the specified
territory received by him during the term of this agreement will be passed on
to the importers to deal with.
(3) The exporter agrees that he will make shipment of all orders received fron
the importers by earliest shipping opportunity unless prevented from so doing
by circumstances beyond the former's control.
(4) The exporter agrees to charge the importers for all goods ordered during ttn
term of this agreement the prices detailed in Price List No. . . appended to this agreement unless any order is received at least one month after notification of price changes by the exporter to the importer.
(5) The exporter agrees to pay the importer commission on (fill in the dates of each year during the currency of this agreement) at the rate of.. per cent of the F.O.B. value of all orders satisfactorily complete during the months preceding the dates specified.
(6) The exporter agrees that he will allow to the importers per cent . . . . . of the value of all business satisfactorily completed with the importer during the term of this agreement as contribution towards the importer's cost in publicising the products covered by this agreement. This allowance is to be settled by deduction from the manufacturer's invoices to the importers.
(7) The importers agree that during the term of this agreement they will not sell or
recommend or in any other way deal with any competing or rivalling line
in the territory specified.
(8) The importers agree that they will use their best efforts and endeavours at all
times during the currency of this agreement to promote the sales of products
covered by this agreement.
(9) The importers agree that they will make net and full payment for all goods
ordered through confirmed and irrevocable letter of credit established in. . . . . . . . . .. (name of manufacturer's town or city).
The importers agree that they will make net and full payment for all goods
ordered against presentation of draft and shipping documents in .. (name of importer's town or city).
The importers agree that they will immediately upon presentation at …….and retire such drafts net and in full upon maturity.
(10) The importers agree that they will write to the manufacturer atleast once each
calendar month and will send to the manufacturer a full makket report on the
prospects for sale of the products covered by this agreement every six months.
(II) The importer agrees that they will place regular and adequate orders with the
manufacturer amounting in total, not less than Rs. . . . .. during the first
calendar year and not less than Rs. in each and every subsequent
calender year during the currency of this agreement.
(12) This agreement shall become valid with effect from the date of shipment of
the substantial order amounting in value of not less than Rs…………..and
remain in force for a period of twelve calendar months therefrom subject to
either party being at liberty to terminate this agreement without notice in the
event of the other party being in breach of any of the terms and conditions
(13) Notwithstanding anything herein aforesaid if during the first twelve calendar
months the importers have placed satisfactory orders with the exporters
amounting to not less than Rs this agreement shall be automatically
renewed year after year provided that in the twelve calendar months
immediately preceding the expiry date satsifactorily business amounting in
total to not less than Rs. . . . . . . . . . .. has been placed by the importers
with the exporters.
(14) Any disputes arising under this agreement shall be settled in accordance
with XXXXXX Law in ( )
Witness . (Exporter)
Witness . (Importer)
How to Export? Index
Specimen Agency Agreement To HOME PAGE